Search Unity

Can not open any project unity Crashes!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrVideoGames, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MrVideoGames

MrVideoGames

Unity was working perfectly last thing I did was Save the Scene after raising a small area on terrain and now I can not open any project, not even the tutorials. It will load up so I can see the Scene and then crash and send me to a bug report.

On my main project the error before the crash says:

"CancellingDisplayDialog because it was run from a thread that is not the main thread: Fatal Error! Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!"

So I went into the file removed textures and the terrain and same thing happens. Also I cannot access any other project including brand new ones made after this crash they all shutdown.

If I try to go to the Learn feature and open a basic Scene I get an Error stating:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Toolbar' has been destroyed but you are trying to access it."

I restarted windows/updated and reinstalled to unity 2018.2 but the problem started in 2018.1
    I can access or make any new project and can not find any solution

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you out of disk space perhaps?

3. MrVideoGames

MrVideoGames

I’m at 887 GB used with 44.3 GB free

4. tsibiski

tsibiski

Out of curiosity, what happens if you re-select scenes from your project folders (by double clicking them). Especially if you are using some sort of source control. And does this cause it to tell you that "unsaved changes will be lost" - after which, if you choose to NOT save those changes, and press "play", does it then load normally?

I ran into an issue on Windows, specifically, where the editor would crash 100% of the time if I did not re-select and erase whatever changes the scene automatically made while I was fooling around in non-scene stuff. It was basically saving some sort of cached data, even though I was not making any intentional changes. It's a long-shot, but reloading the scene each time proved to be a painful, but successful workaround for what was ailing me at the time (same project on Mac did not ever do this).

5. MrVideoGames

MrVideoGames

It loads the scene for a few about 30 seconds tries to bake and shuts itself down without error or bug report