Search Unity

Can not get the font creator to work

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Re2Go, May 24, 2019.

1. Re2Go

Re2Go

Ive been trying to accomplish the seemingly impossible task of making small text look good, and during the process the textmesh pro font creator just stopped working.

When creating a font everything looks like its going fine, but the actual created sdf file isnt generated correctly. Its missing the source file font entry. When trying to assign this "broken" file to textmesh pro object, it just seems to fall back on the default font.

Trying to manually set the source font seems to do nothing.

I have uninstalled everything related to text mesh pro and reinstalled multiple times and nothing is fixing the issue

Attached Files:

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Are you trying to creating the Font Asset using the Font Asset Creator or did you create it via the context menu and then trying to change the Generation Settings?

Re2Go likes this.
  3. Re2Go

Re2Go

I used Windows --> TextMesh Pro --> Font Asset Creator

edit: And now i used the context menu and it worked ( i didnt even know that was a possibility).
    Still, the above method seems to have broken for whatever reason

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I am still trying to understand the steps you took that were not working. Can you provide a list of these steps or a video showing these steps?

Make sure you are using version 1.4.1 with Unity 2018.3 / Unity 2018.4 or 2.0.1 with Unity 2019.x.

5. Re2Go

Re2Go

Im using 2.0.1 with the latest unity. Here is a gif of what im doing.

Attached Files:

• map.gif
      map.gif
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
  6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Thank you.

I will try to reproduce those steps tomorrow and provide feedback thereafter.

Re2Go likes this.