Search Unity

Can not execute 2019.4.20f1 LTS in Lubuntu [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Linux' started by leche88, Feb 22, 2021.

1. leche88

leche88

Hello everybody.I am new at Unity.I had been studying the software in Windows7 and i decided to install it in Lubuntu 16.04 since, i mostly use linux most of the time.But i can not use it properly.I downloaded Unity Hub .Deb pack and it works great.Then i install unity 2019.4.20f1 and it seems it installs it.Then when i try to create i project (2D) nothing happens.I give the name of the project and try to create but unity doesnt start.I am adding a log from unityhub.Can somebody please help me, if sees the problem and lead me to the fix?Thank you.

Here is the log from unity hub.

2. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

lubuntu is not one of our supported distros and I don't have it installed to verify unfortunately.

I'm curious as to your installation of the Hub from a .deb package? Where did you obtain this? the official Unity Hub is a .AppImage executable.

3. leche88

leche88

Kevin Welton thank you for your respond.I download the hub as an .appimage from official site and the version is 2.4.2.

4. leche88

leche88

I have fixed the problem.I wanted to add here what i did, in case if somebody faces the same problem like this.

-I thought it also works in Lubuntu, since it is just a light version of ubuntu.But there might be a problem because it has different Desktop Environment, or different applications.

-The solution is, installing Ubuntu instead of Lubuntu.On system requirements it says the application needs gnome desktop environment.But Lubuntu has LXDE instead of that.I tried to format the disk and install a clean Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.Now it seems it works without any problem.Also i installed mono ide and integrated it.They work flawless now.

Thank you.