Search Unity

Can not create new label

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by itsonh2610, Oct 30, 2019.

1. itsonh2610

itsonh2610

Untitled.png
    Right now i have a problem can not create new Label for asset i try with both unity 2019.2 & 2019.3 . I wanna ask its a bug or this feature is removed

2. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @itsonh2610 if you look at the AddressableAssetSettings object in the Inspector (the object is in Assets/AddressableAssetsData) you'll see a section to add new labels there. I tried this on 1.1.0 just to make sure.

That said, in a future release that's coming soon, as it is right now, we're moving label management to its own section under a "Tools" drop down for Addressables so don't let that throw you off if you upgrade again soon.

Hope that helps!

itsonh2610 likes this.
  3. Jribs

Jribs

@DavidUnity3d Hi so i see in the latest version you have the separate window for labels as you mentioned, but as it is, that window is NOT scrollable! This sounds silly but this is actually a huge blocker for us we just ran into. Is there a different way to add labels to get around this right now?

4. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Jribs ah, sorry to hear that. I'll get a ticket into our system to check that out. There is a workaround but it isn't pretty. If you open the AddressableAssetSettings.asset object in a text editor you can scroll down to the m_LabelTable section and under m_LabelNames you can add more labels. You should already see your added labels there too. Also, make sure the indention for this is spaces not tabs.

I hope that helps!

5. Jribs

Jribs

Thanks thats good to know! Ill take ugly and workable over nothing any day.

My current workaround was set my ultra wide monitor to portrait and move the label window to that monitor so I can make it bigger.

davidla_unity likes this.