Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Can not assign Function to UI.Button / assetGuid is null

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by PizzaPie, Feb 19, 2017.

1. PizzaPie

PizzaPie

Hey!

Recently started using Collaborate Service and i encountered an interesting issue.
    On a new Scene i add some UI elements among them some buttons, also an empty object with a GameControll script which contains the functions the buttons suppose to call. Now when i tried to add a function on any button on the inspector to the On Click() field and tried to open the select object menu while choosing the Scene sub menu an error occures(see below) and the list contains only one object of the scene. The asset sub menu is listing asset objects properly. Interestingly when the Collaborate Service is turned off it seems to work properly and all scene objects are listed. (version: 5.5.0x1-CollabPreview Personal (64bit) on win 7). Could it be a bug or am i doing something wrong?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @PizzaPie, thank you for giving Collaborate a try! You weren't doing anything wrong as far as I can tell. I was able to repro that interesting bug you found in the Collab Preview build. But good news is that it doesn't repro in either 5.5.1f1 or in the latest beta for 5.6! So it looks like this bug has been fixed! :)

Sorry that you ran into this while using the Preview build but bugs like these are possible since we haven't been updating the Preview build at all, what with all of our focus on 5.6. You can look forward to a more solid Collaborate when 5.6 releases. :)

PizzaPie likes this.
  3. rikkuness

rikkuness

Hi, I just hit this exact issue in Unity 2019.3.0a8 and also in 2019.1.9f1. Turning Collaborate off does indeed stop it throwing all these errors.

4. qweqhpp

qweqhpp

2019.1.1f1 same problem, I go around it by making a prefab and selecting it from the assets tab

5. BenB_90

BenB_90

Still seems to be a problem in 2020.2.1f1. Still seems to be linked to Collaborate... :/

6. Matr_x

Matr_x

2020.3.5f1 still the same problem...