Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Not Adjust Size Of Project Tab

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have the Scene and Game tabs in the center of the editor. The Hierarchy tab is on the left, the Inspector tab is on the right. The Project and Console are grouped together at the bottom of the editor.

The problem is the project/console tab takes up half my screen, making the scene and game tabs small. When I try to make the project tab thinner it always snaps back. If i click on the console tab I can make that thinner, but as soon as i click on the project tab it snaps back, taking up half the screen once again.

None of the tabs are locked. The lock doesn't work anyway. I can move any tabs that may be locked.

I've searched everywhere but can not find an answer. If anyone can offer help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Madgvox

Madgvox

Can you post a screenshot of your setup? The project tab has a minimum height. How big is your screen?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the reply, Madgvox
    Here's my entire screen. Tabs are all at their minimum. Screen is 1920 x 1080.

Editor_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2019
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

And here is the "Console" tab set a bit lower than the "Project" tab.

Editor_002.jpg

5. Madgvox

Madgvox

Are you sure your computer is set to a 1920x1080 resolution? That looks absolutely massive!

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

LoL. Yeah. It was the first thing i checked in my system settings. Could be the export settings for the pic.

But can you see the difference between the two pics? The Project and the Console tab(s). If i could get the Project tab to STAY where the Console tab is...life would be grand.

7. Madgvox

Madgvox

The windows in the editor can have minimum sizes. The project tab window simply has a larger minimum height that the console does, for whatever reason.

If you're looking to maximize the size of the scene, I suggest you use the one-column project view layout, and set it up in a portrait view under the hierarchy. That's what I do, works out fairly well.

facejets likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Okay, thanks for the replies Madgvox

I'll play around with it to see if i can get something i like.

9. digipaul

digipaul

You can also pull a window out of unity in-case you didn't know. I often use this to put the game window on a separate monitor.

Another trick is if you have a console and say project window in the same area, you cant normally reduce the project window below a certain size. if however you change to the console window, reduce that size to what you and then switch back to the project window, voila, you have a small project window.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks digipaul, that's what i was doing. But since i'm taking courses to learn C#/Unity i sometimes drag the size of the inspector to make it larger in order to see better while the instructor pointing to certain things with in it. When i do drag the inspector, the project window pops back up to original size.

On a side note, i do plan on upgrading to a newer laptop soon. And will probably attatch a 2nd monitor.

11. Xonatron

Xonatron

I am having the same issue. I cannot shrink (shorten) the "Project" tab/window. I have an ultrawide 3440x1440 display running at 150% scale. I have a feeling the scale is causing the issue. As Madgvox noted, the OP's screen looks huge, and it is likely running at a scale too.