Search Unity

Resolved Can no longer edit old Remote Settings?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by ScionOfDesign, Dec 18, 2021.

1. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign

I get that remote settings is being deprecated in favor of Remote Config, but Remote Config is still being advertised as being in beta. I swear I was able to edit Remote Settings back in November, but now they are totally gone from the dashboard!
    If they are not gone, please explain to me how I can edit the settings.
    If they are, they why on earth would you think it's a good idea to take them away while still advertising Remote Config as being in beta instead of having a proper grace period?

2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Filiecs,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Unity forums.
    You should still be able to edit your remote config settings in the following locations.
    On the dashboard on the left hand side located the menu item "Live Ops" this will open a submenu where you will see
    Remote Config - Environments. You can edit the values when you click on "View Config Values"
    upload_2021-12-19_17-26-16.png

You can also edit your Remote Config Settings in the Unity Editor
    By going to WINDOW > REMOTE CONFIG
    upload_2021-12-19_17-34-52.png

Please let me know If I misunderstood your question. So we can help you out.

3. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign

Remote Config is the new system being used by Unity. Remote Settings was the old system, as documented here: Unity - Manual: Creating and changing Remote Settings (unity3d.com)

Remote settings came with the analytics package and did not require a Remote Config preview package to use.
    I knew Unity was making the new Remote Config preview package but was as far as I knew it was still in preview and was given no warning or indication that I would be unable to edit the old Remote Settings anytime soon.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

SebT_Unity likes this.
  5. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign