Search Unity

Can no longer deploy to HoloLens

Discussion in 'VR' started by smenyhart, May 21, 2019.

1. smenyhart

smenyhart

I'm all of a sudden getting this error when trying to deploy a Unity created Visual Studio project to HoloLens over USB:

DEP0100: Please ensure that target device has developer mode enabled. Could not obtain a developer license on 127.0.0.1 due to error 80004005.

Everything was working fine last Friday, and I come back Monday and now this. I have no idea what changed. It's possible some windows updates were installed over the weekend.

Nothing has changed on the HoloLens as far as I know. I can still connect to the Device Portal of the HoloLens.

Developer Mode is still enabled on my PC but I do see the following error below it in the settings:
    upload_2019-5-20_19-12-31.png

I have no idea if this is related to the problem.

The only other thing that happened that might have changed the situation was that earlier today another PC was used to deploy an app to this same HoloLens.

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

What OS version of windows are you using?

Hit the Windows Key and type winver then hit enter, compare your OS with the minimum requirements on the Microsoft Windows Mix Reality Developers website

3. smenyhart

smenyhart

Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.1146)

As I said.. It was working just last week. It's not like I downgraded my version of Windows over the weekend.

4. smenyhart

smenyhart

Only way I was able to fix it is by doing a factory reset of the HoloLens.