Search Unity

Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by aixaix, May 21, 2014.

1. aixaix

aixaix

Is there a way to create a shader which will use Normal, Height, occlusion, specular and diffuse maps?

If there's a shader out there, any links or codes would be appreciated

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I'm definitely not sure what requirements this shader must fulfill. Dropping just keywords makes it still hard to guess. However, "Transparent/Parallax Specular" contains at least most of these properties you mentioned, but as I said earlier, it's pretty much impossible to provide proper help without any specifications.

The "Transparent/Parallax Specular" shader can be found in the Unity builtin shaders download: http://unity3d.com/unity/download/archive

3. aixaix

aixaix

I don't knwo if you've heard of the program "Crazy bump" but it generates all these types of textures i listed above. but There's no shader in unity that can use all of them.

4. Daniel_Brauer

Daniel_Brauer

Unity Technologies

Parallax Bumped Specular would be a good place to start.

Note that Crazybump doesn't produce very good results. There simply isn't enough information in a source image to extract all of those maps automatically. You might get something that looks correct from the angle the original picture is taken, but it'll be worse from any other angle.

5. aixaix

aixaix

Yeah, I tinkered with "Parallax Bumped Specular" and the results are good, so I'm sticking with it.

Thank you all.