Search Unity

Can importing break exisiting game?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by San_Holo, Feb 11, 2015.

1. San_Holo

San_Holo

Hi...

I was happily editing my game, then I thought I'd insert that free space shooter as an asset to see how particle effects are done, went to site, opened up Unity, imported... played with effects, ran my game... now it's buggered, haven't got a clue why... my shooter for example, every-time you press the fire button you lose energy, plus my auto-messages are sometimes screwy... it's very odd, sure I did this last time... import while editing, games buggered, I thought it was me.. I had a backup and just copied over again, but now? it's like there's a massive bug been inserted into my game, don't know where or how to get it back... I honestly wouldn't touch anything to break my game so much, so I'm gonna research, I've saved, shutdown... naa, it's odd, as if an invisible wall is up and I'm shooting at his and killing myself at the same time... what could of gone wrong? please advise if possible, i'll report back with findings, cheers

2. San_Holo

San_Holo

ok I have a box-colider which I use and it's absent in game plus my layers... where do I see them? there's only 5, the default... I had a few, my gameobject which is the colider... oh hell it's buggered isn't it? don't import anything with your project open is my advice, any chance of getting it back? I have a back up.. now if only I could copy across my layer info instead of having to do it all again.

3. San_Holo

San_Holo

yeah that must be a bug, tags/layers.. tags are intact, my layers not sure, my activate-area box-colider is just odd... gonna have to make comparisons with my old back rather than having to do all this again, there should of been a fix for this or a bug report made previously to this, import on a blank only.

4. San_Holo

San_Holo

just checked a back up... layer names are gone and my activate-area which is simply a box-colider acting as a trigger which now just vanishes completely when play is pressed...

5. San_Holo

San_Holo

using screenshots of my backups layer names and physics collision matrix I got it working again