Search Unity

Can I watch my own ads?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by dehdar, Jan 7, 2017.

1. dehdar

dehdar

My game is now in production. It has been released.
    Question: Am I allowed to play it myself and watch ads? It's no longer in development or test. It has been published on playstore.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

You can play it yourself, but it's a good practice to mark your device as one of the test devices to ensure you don't accidentally break our terms of service. You can add test devices from the Unity Ads publisher dashboard under tab "Test devices".

3. UDN_2b28a598-f7b9-494a-81b5-6bd46e4c2b6a

UDN_2b28a598-f7b9-494a-81b5-6bd46e4c2b6a

But then, how is it recognized that I, the developer, am playing my game with my phone?
    I don't understand it.
    And my family would be allowed to watch the ads?

Thanks.

dehdar likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I think I've found the article about that:

Not sure about playing your own game in order to increase impressions and how Unity Ads would be able to determine that you did it. The sentence "The determination of what constitutes Invalid Activity will be determined in Unity Ads sole discretion." is quite ominous.

5. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

About invalid activity in general: If a lot of the revenue is attributable to a handful / single device(s) - it's a telltale sign something is awry. There's many other factors that are evaluated in analysing fraud and some unclear cases might require closer investigation.

Stay safe and if in doubt - asking the support first is a good idea.

Remember that marking your devices as test devices also lets you test faster, as the test ads are very short.

awsapps and ihgyug like this.
  6. UDN_2b28a598-f7b9-494a-81b5-6bd46e4c2b6a

UDN_2b28a598-f7b9-494a-81b5-6bd46e4c2b6a

But with the limit of 25 ads per day and per user it couldn't be invalid activity, could it?

I mean, without limit I could simply watch ads until I get tired and it would be very suspicuous but with the limit I don't know how a single device could be generating a lot of revenue.

Thanks.

dehdar likes this.