Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Can I use Unity on a computer if I dont have access to internet?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by newbs, Feb 6, 2015.

1. newbs

newbs

Hi, I am interested in unity. I tried to install the free version everything was fine until i tried to start it up. Is there a way to use the software without being connected to internet. For now i figured if I liked the functionality of the free version enough I would go pro. But It seems that unity requires a constant internet connection. I would hate to have to go another route to fulfill my studios needs. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. IAmZeph

IAmZeph

The program should work without the internet.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

4. newbs

newbs

Nice thank you very much. Oh and one more thing i tried to go to unity3d irc but it says i have to register my nick. I have registered my nick but my cell phone company changes ips everytime i reconnect.

5. newbs

newbs

Ha lots of questions. If i purchase unity pro 5 will i get free upgrade to unity 6 if it comes out?

6. IAmZeph

IAmZeph

You could buy unity now and you would still get any version that's still going to come out.

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

It functions similarly to a forum. You connect with your desired nick and issue a register command with your password and email address.

When connecting again later, you issue an identify command.

8. newbs

newbs

Awesome guys i appreciate all tge help.

9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

No. There is a discount on upgrades. But it's not free.

On the subscription plan upgrades are free.