Search Unity

Can I use these assets in my own game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sui0528, Mar 21, 2019.

1. sui0528

sui0528

Hi everyone,
    Recently I made a game, and I used some assets from unity asset store, these assets are models and animations from the sample assets of Unity, for example, the Third Person Character(Ethan) of "Standard Assets", and the Ellen of the "3D Game Kit - Character Pack", and some other models from upload_2019-3-21_20-16-45.png
    My question is : Can I use these assets in my own game? I think I can, because they are free and from the Standard assets of Unity itself.

2. Ivoryjw

Ivoryjw

Yes.
    Most assets from the asset store you can use for a commercial game.
    Sadly many take the "Let me just make a level with these assets and sell it on steam" route and make asset flips. Please don't do that.

3. sui0528

sui0528

Thanks for your reply, I just learned from the official site of Unity that I can actually use these assets, but the Unity does not recommend this behavior, cos the assets are made for the public developers. But I found these assets are really fit my game, and I am an indie-developer, the budget for art is very low, so I finally used them.
    Hopefully it won't cause any criticism from the players.:(

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

Tom_Veg likes this.
  5. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Assets which you cannot use for commercial use, or have any other restrictions, will clearly say so. That said, using Unity created assets in your game will make them instantly recognizable for what they are. Don't expect any applause from those who notice, expect to be called out for it instead.

Ryiah likes this.