Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Party Can i use Photon Bold as a master client for PUN?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TrinityD, Jan 30, 2019.

1. TrinityD

TrinityD

Hey, for now we are using PUN 2.0 that works great, but the problem as i don't want people to become a master client. So for now i have 2 ways, easily code some serverside plugin that will generate rooms with PUN 2.0 and people will connect to it.
    Or use Bold. Can i setup Bold on my own server and just use it as a master client with cloud? ( i dont want to count any physics or anything else.)
    Regards

2. tobiass

tobiass

You can't combine PUN with Bolt, sorry.
    What do you want to do on the server and why?

3. TrinityD

TrinityD

So honestly i don't want to move physics to the server, i want to keep it on client side ( i will use some sort of anticheat that will help and encypt some variables) and check for speed hack, wh, injects and so on.
    But i also don't want let someone to become a master client (as master client can modify the whole game and send packets to others)
    So i don't know actually thats why i ask:
    If i just do basic server setup, will it still use master client? i mean in combine with PUN instead of cloud.
    And i can cut some things from client and make it run maps on my own server as a master client , so people will connect to it.
    So i want to understand what problems can i face in both ways.

4. tobiass

tobiass

Photon servers don't know anything about the Unity scene or physics.
    If you want that, the best route is to use Photon Bolt and build headless instances to run server-side. Your players then connect to those instances.

TrinityD likes this.