Search Unity

Can I somehow access an EntityQueryBuilder from a JobComponentSystem?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by diesoftgames, Apr 5, 2019.

1. diesoftgames

diesoftgames

Using a ComponentSystem, I can get a class in lieu of a component in Entities.ForEach to get legacy components on my converted entities (I've done this to access Animators for instance). How can I do the same in a JobComponentSystem which doesn't have an EntityQueryBuilder "Entities" property to use for this? To be clear, I'm not looking to get references in a job, I'm happy to use the main thread OnUpdate, I just also want to run jobs in this system (just to add some components to entities). So is there some way I can get access to an EntityQueryBuilder in a JobComponentSystem?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I was trying to use an EntityArchetypeQuery, but then I'm unsure how to get the behaviour from the Entity. eg:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  new EntityArchetypeQuery {
    2.     All = new ComponentType[] { typeof(Tilemap) },
    3.     None = Array.Empty<ComponentType>(),
    4.     Any = Array.Empty<ComponentType>()});

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. GilCat

GilCat

I don't think you can do that.
    Best solution is to have two systems. One JobComponentSystem for the jobs and another ComponentSystem for the rest.

3. diesoftgames

diesoftgames

Hmmm, well the tagging will be dependent on the reference/array data that is being used in this system, so I can't really break it up into systems, so I guess I'll just have to add the components without using a Job system. Not ideal but it'll get the job done.