Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I set the unity camera to have the same position in a real world?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by XezXey, May 28, 2020.

1. XezXey

XezXey

Hi, I have a problem about setting the camera in the unity to have the same extrinsic parameters as my real world camera to the origin. So let's me describe my problem step by step.

1. I have a camera in a real world and Its extrinsic to an aruco plane was calculated. So I use the Aruco plane(You can think as a plane reference) as an world origin(0, 0, 0).

2. The in my unity, I want to set my camera to have the same extrinsic as my real world camera. So I take an translation to set the Position in unity transform toolbox. And set the rotation by convert my rotation matrix from extrinsic to the euler's angle and set it to x, y, z rotation.

3. So I test this by use the unity properties named "camera.cameraToWorldMatrix". You can treat this as an extrinsic of the unity camera transform to the world coordinates(0, 0, 0). So this value should equal to my extrinsic since it's use the same rotation euler's angle. But unfortunately it's not.

So how can i solve this problem or there's a simpler way to set the cameraToWorldMatrix equal to my extrinsic parameters.

Thank you very much.

NitinAltran likes this.
  2. puntawat1412

puntawat1412