Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Can i save server specific data on cloud save

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by LykselUnity, Dec 12, 2022.

?

Can i save server specific data on cloud save

1. A way to do that in Cloud Save

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Another idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LykselUnity

LykselUnity

I want integrate a trading system in my unity Game. So that player can trade ther items with other players. But therfore i must safe a List on server, where every trade offer is listed. And the player can read that list. I can't find a specific unity service for that. Or could i use cloud save in a such way, I create a "player "on server and write in player entry my informations. But as i read i couldn't find this player afterwards. What should i do?

Or could i use cloud code and then connect to a sql sever?

2. Unity_AndyP

Unity_AndyP

Unity Technologies

It is possible to create a trading system using a mix of the different services you can use lobby where you can create your own custom lobby and code, give the code to another user to join the same lobby as you, and pull their ID from that. You could then use cross-player interaction combining Cloud Code and Economy/ Cloud Save ( you can find more information on cross-player interaction here.) to handle the offer, acceptance, and processing of economy items.

Unfortunately, there is no way to have a list of all the trades that have happened that a user can look up. You could record and look at this yourself through analytics but this wouldn't be something a player can access. I will write this up as a feature request on your behalf so we might see this in the future.

3. LykselUnity

LykselUnity

Thank you very much