Search Unity

Can I resell any asset bought from asset store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by niazunity, Apr 20, 2019.

1. niazunity

niazunity

Hello experts,

I am a newbie and I bought one unity asset from the unity asset store.

My question is anything you buy from the asset store (or download for free), can you sell that to any other marketplace?

2. elmar1028

elmar1028

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. niazunity

niazunity

Thank you so much Elmar :)

4. niazunity

niazunity

How about modifying it or use it as part of another game or software? @elmar1028

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Just read the EULA (in case the link above wasn't clear), particularly the "END-USER's Rights and Obligations" part.

What does section 2.2.1 say?

What does section 2.2.1 say? (Anyway that's the whole point of the store even existing....)

Although I do have to add:

Oh, I dunno...if anyone can manage to somehow publicly perform any of my utilities, let's say as interpretive dance, I grant an exemption; just send me a video. ;) (OK, now I really want to see Vectrosity: The Musical. I tell you, people will just line up!)

--Eric

elmar1028 likes this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

The purpose of the store is to provide help assets for games or end user software (meaning no open code provided), so of course can be both altered and used in your game, as long as you don't sell the asset and its code itself in any form (including as part of another open source code project), which breaks Unity store license.

elmar1028 likes this.