Search Unity

Can I record a played game and showcase it whit a camera controlled by the user?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Xtrem1714, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Xtrem1714

Xtrem1714

Hi everyone, I’m making a multiplayer online game and I’m searching a way to record a played game and let the user control the camera to select what part of the map he wants to se.

I want to make a thing like the replay system of league of legends, but I’m not sure if cinemachine is the answer to my problems.

Tnx a lot.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

As developer, is up to you, how you want player control camera.
    Video recording is separate matter.

3. Xtrem1714

Xtrem1714

That means Cinemachine allows to me ``replay´´(just watch) a played game?. I’m not sure if I used the correct word

Tnx

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Cinemachine is just a tool for camera motion.
    Weather you attach inputs to it, or not, is up to you as developer.
    You can have multiple cameras.
    But rest is up to logic in a game.

Before you worry about any of that, make sure, you got actually something to play with.
    Camera can be done later. You most likely not going to do multiplayer game, as first game.

5. Xtrem1714

Xtrem1714

Thanks you, You helped me to understand cinemachine.

I’m 100% agree whit you, an a multiplayer online game brings many more headaches than a single player. Actually I’m learning and I finished a functional single player game, I’m just trying to program a multiplayer version to learn how it works, and a ``false´´ spectator mode seems to me an interest thing to try to do. Increase the number of players in a room and make them ``spectator´´ not seems a good way to deal whit it.