Search Unity

Can I publish my assets free to rank bundles up and then make them as paid later?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Paul_Henderson, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Paul_Henderson

Paul_Henderson

The title's self-explanatory. Or I have to determine it as free or paid since beginning 'til end so I won't be able to change it later? Also can I "sell" assets for comments/reviews/good ratings, subscriptions/followers (if there are, I'm new to the unity asset store and after that set those assets as paid content once It gets promoted and visible enough on the store?

2. johaswe

johaswe

I have seen assets being released as free or extremely cheap fo a short time to get some Reviews and ranks then changing price for next version.
    So i would say, it sounds like a good idea to get feedback and see how much a asset would sell for (doing some research within the users who fetched a free copy)

There is also the possibility to hand out a couple of vouchers to get some feedback/Reviews but that is cool to have as giveaways and/or competitions.

Paul_Henderson likes this.
  3. Paul_Henderson

Paul_Henderson

Thx for reply! Glad there's a voucher feature too so definitely I'm going to do some research about it

4. xVergilx

xVergilx

Yes, I'd say that's most what people selling art do atm.

I've got a bunch of free assets this way that ended up pricing up later on.

Also, reviews are essential for the product to sell nowadays, so its like buying advertisement.

Paul_Henderson likes this.
  5. Paul_Henderson

Paul_Henderson

Both reviews and range, you're absolutely right