Search Unity

Can I open iOS photo gallery only and don't want the pick features?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by hizral, Oct 21, 2016.

1. hizral

hizral

Hello there

Have a few question here about iOS photo gallery. I would like to just only open iOS photo gallery from my app after I capture picture or video, I don't want to selet or pick any picture to be used in my app.

after user take picture or video within my app and then after finished the app will automatically open the iOS photo gallery for them.

I manage to used the "UIImagePickerController" to open the gallery but I don't want the pick features, and I don't know how to disable or remove the pick features.

Can I open iOS photo gallery using url method? is this possible.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. User340

User340

I say use a Unity WebCamTexture, it's a live stream video plus cross-platform so you're not limited to iOS.

3. hizral

hizral

What do you mean by Unity WebCamTexture, Unity WebCamTexture is to access camera feed from the mobile devices right?

What I wanted to do is from my app, I want to open iOS photo gallery with a push of a button. I can capture and recorded video from my app. Now I want the user to access the iOS photo gallery without closing my app.

When I used the UIImagePicker I can access the iOS photo gallery but the problem is I just want the user to open the photo gallery and that's it. They don't have to pick or choose any image or video.

Is there any other way around to do this.

4. User340

User340

Code (csharp):
    1. Application.OpenURL("photos-redirect://");

assertor and jwanga like this.
  5. hizral

hizral

Okay thank you, I will give it a try and update later on.

Thank you very much _Daniel_.