Search Unity

can i move the remoteconfig folder?

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by laurentlavigne, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I suspect not, but you can always test with a project backup. What is the reason to move it?

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

to clean up the project structure, stuff like that pollute the root with tons of folders

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It's not at the root, it's located under /Assets . Most components don't like being moved, but you are welcome to try.

5. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

/Asset is the root for me: where i work and what i can access

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, that's a subfolder under the root. You should see sibling folders like /Library, /ProjectSettings and others under the root. But regardless of semantics, you probably don't want to move it.

7. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

You got distracted like a cat chasing a laser :D come on kitten back to the topic: I answered your question "reason to move the asset": to clean the project, I hope it's clear. If you want more info on the topic of clean project or how we work and why absolute path are bad, you can search the forum, there were many complains about asset store assets polluting projects - bad neighbors if you will. This eventually got enforced by the AS team and got better.

Now since you don't have an answer about it I tried it and seems to work, at least in the editor, which is all I can do at the moment since the project is in the middle of reconstruction. One point I want to drill here is that you should know the answer and if you don't, ask someone in your team who does, there is enough noise on the forum.
    If however you pretend not to know out of spite, know that we, game devs, ask such questions not out of laziness but because the systems is not clear enough or effects are not instants and usually we don't investigate because we have 10 boiling pots on the stove and a quick forum stint is faster. I hope you get a better idea of how we work and I also hope that you'll stay more focused next time ;)

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I checked with the team, we haven't tested this and would be unsupported. You are welcome to try however, as suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.