Search Unity

Can I Move A Adaptive Loaded Scene Object?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by AndersMalmgren, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

We are going to implement elevators in our multplayer game. Before I start prototyping I wanted to make sure its even remotely possible. I'm thinkig of designing the elevator in a seperate scene with baked lighting (VR game). Then I load the scene addative and move it to the default floor. Then when someone calls the elevator it teleports to that floor and the doors open. When the doors close I teleport it to the correct floor etc.

The light probes are a problem. Can I somehow clone the baked probes and position them correctly on each floor? Otherwise dynamic items like the player, items and even elevator doors will get wrong light settings.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Your additive scene setup for elevators should work just fine. However, when it comes to probes - yes, you might run into problems. We have a new feature in the pipeline, which will allow you to merge probes with additive scenes. That should be made available sometime in 2019.3 cycle.

You have couple of ways to tackle the probes in additive scenes. You can either your lighting in each individual scene, or alternatively, additively load them all, and then bake your lighting. Keep in mind that the latter method will propagate the lighting settings from the main scenes to the additive ones.

If you need more information about working with lighting in multi-scene setups, I would highly suggest checking out our official Additive Lighting tutorial - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/tutorials/additive-loading-lighting-examples-129922

AndersMalmgren likes this.
  3. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Thanks for reply. So it sounds like I'm better of creating a elevator prefab and place one on each floor and bake it with host scene (No addative scene involved). Only risk is the doors will change lightlevel when you teleport. edit: I also must make sure no light from outside elevator leaks into elevator

4. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. I found some really valuable information in the Additive Lighting Tutorial.
    Would it be possible to enable the Tutorial for builds?