Search Unity

Can I make video with greenscreen play with transparent background?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Lotias90, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Lotias90

Lotias90

Hello fellow developers.

So I have created a small mobile app that uses the camera to detect videos in the real world. These videos are within a gameobject in the sceen that pops up and start to play when the camera detects them. The videos are quite simple videos of a person talking to the viewer. At the moment the person in the video are on a greenscreen. Is it possible to make the greenscreen transparent within unity (saves editing the videos etc in for example after effects) with a shader or effect? I have seen some people use shaders or similar things?

So can I remove the greenscreen quickly in easly in Unity itself?

I also hope that I have posted this in the right section, otherwise move this thread to the right category!

Kind regards
    Lotias

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes you can create a shader that detects the green/any color value you choose, and removes it/makes it black/white whatever, put it in the Alpha as a mask, etc etc

3. Lotias90

Lotias90

I have tried this and it works perfectly! got a shader and made it replace green (as the green screen) with a transparent shader and after some playing with setting I have gotten a satisfying result! Thanks a lot!

Linkruste and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

5. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

Hi I´m having the same problem here, but don´t know a lot about shaders, would it be possible sharing the shader code?

6. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Linkruste likes this.
  7. khanhabib

khanhabib