Search Unity

Can I make banner ads optional for the player?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by xysquid, Dec 8, 2018.

1. xysquid

xysquid

I'm wondering if we can make banner ads optional for the player.

I want to give players the option to allow the banner in exchange for a passive bonus, ie +1 coin per level.

I think there is an RPG game that does this. Either Puzzle & Dragons or Soda Dungeon. They gave +10% experience points.

Similarly, can we have the banner only show in certain scenes? Such as only in menus and not in-game.

I mean the new Unity monetization 3.0 banner ads.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. MicheleKrueger

MicheleKrueger

Advertisement.Banner has both Show and Hide functions to do so with banner ads whenever you choose. So you can couple them to any logic you want. Hope that helps.

xysquid likes this.
  3. itayganor

itayganor

That's a useful thing but it seems like once you hide the banner, you can never show it again. Why does it happen?

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

You are able to show a banner after hiding it. There is a caveat that is currently not documented: Banner placements will have their ready status as true at startup, but if you Load the banner, then the Ready status will switch over to false.

So to check if a banner is ready you should use something like the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(Advertisement.Banner.isLoaded || Advertisement.IsReady(bannerPlacementName))
    2. {
    3.     Advertisement.Banner.Show(bannerPlacementName);
    4. }

trombonaut, WreaDn, cjjeffery and 3 others like this.
  5. nihalthakre

nihalthakre

revarded video is best option for this