Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I lunch Gear VR game on Oculus Rift ?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by kalcho, Oct 17, 2017.

1. kalcho

kalcho

Hi guys. I am working on my own game for Samsung Gear VR. Is it possible when I publish it to run on all Oculus devices and do I need to do some additional work if so. The game itself is pretty basic it's stress-free and only use Button1(or the tap) so I think that controllers are not an issue. Tnx guys you are awsome :)

2. SiliconDroid

SiliconDroid

Hi,
    GearVR is android.
    Rift is windows.

So you need separate build for each.

But you may get away with one project, i.e. you may not need to fork your project. I'm not sure about that though, I can tell you that it's possible to have one project for GearVR/Daydream but I have no experience with Unity+Rift.

So... I am also interested to hear if it is possible to have one project that will build for GearVR/Rift?

3. Autarkis

Autarkis

better to have a branch of your project assigned to gearVR and one assigned to Oculus. Different build targets, so unless you fancy switching platforms several times a day... better to pull and merge while ignoring project settings. You'll need different control schemes obviously, but its pretty close ( Just worked this last week on rift and gearvr deployment of a singular project)

SiliconDroid likes this.