Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I keep using Lightweight Render Pipeline?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by siberhecy, Aug 24, 2019.

1. siberhecy

siberhecy

Hello, I'm currently working on Unity 2019.3.0a8 with Lightweight Render Pipeline.
    I saw the new unity version Unity 2019.3.0a12 and there is a Universal Render Pipeline which is renamed of LWRP. Can I keep using LWRP with Unity 2019.3.0a8? If I upgrade my Unity version later are my custom Shader Graphs will be broke? Thanks!

2. elbows

elbows

Speaking generally, I would say it is a good idea to stick with versions of render pipelines that are designed for the version of Unity you are using. For 2019.3, that means the 7.x versions of pipelines, and that means Universal not LWRP.

If it were me I would take a copy of my project and then try a 7.x version of Universal and see how you get on with it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    siberhecy likes this.
  3. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

For what it's worth, I recently upgraded a project from 2019.1 (LWRP 5.7.0) to 2019.3 (URP 7.0.1). And all my Shader Graph shaders worked out of the box.

4. Katstodian

Katstodian

Unity Technologies

The upgrade from LWRP to Universal RP should be smooth and free of breakages. If there are any breaks to Shaders etc., we consider those bugs - so please report any via the official bug reporter!
    But yeah, for 19.3 onwards, you should be using Universal :)

5. mikibutler

mikibutler

Good luck friend

siberhecy and Ahmadhp like this.
  6. seffles

seffles

All my Shader Graph shaders came out pink until I opened them and resaved them. Worked fine after that.

siberhecy likes this.
  7. siberhecy

siberhecy

Thanks for answers!

8. monark

monark

2019.3 doesn't support custom post procesing effects so how do you keep using those with LWRP in 2019.3?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...universal@7.2/manual/upgrade-lwrp-to-urp.html