Search Unity

Question Can I integrate python into unity mlagents?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by Zylkowski_a, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Zylkowski_a

Zylkowski_a

I am coming from pytorch background in case of machine learning. I would like to make simple project and create whole environment in Unity. The thing is I would like to utilize python if it's possible. So, is it possible to use python/pytorch with mlagents. If yes, then how can I make it work together?

2. awjuliani

awjuliani

Unity Technologies

3. janimator

janimator

I've been using MLAgents 0.15.1 and have hard a very difficult time getting my Python Pytorch model to work with my project. One of the main issues was getting the model file to re-run back onto Unity. I had to format the model to be a barracuda model and use using barracuda to get anything to load (could not plug my model back into mlagents).
    I'm continuing to deal with many issues.

Is the latest version of MLAgents any different? Was something changed? Is there an example showing how to train agents with Pytorch then plug the model back into unity?

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey there @janimator - which version of Python are you using?

5. ervteng_unity

ervteng_unity

Unity Technologies

6. pedroveloso13

pedroveloso13

Hi, I am trying something similar. I trained a model in PyTorch and I want to use it as a back-end. I want to be able to run the ML and the environment in Python and communicate back and forth with unity to support user-interaction.

What is the best way to enable this type of communication? Is mlagents or a custom socket communication between Python and C# more appropriate?