Search Unity

Can I develop indie xbox 360 game made in unity or i must use XNA game studio?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gregorius, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Gregorius

Gregorius

Can I develop indie xbox 360 game made in unity or i must use XNA game studio?

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

3. Gregorius

Gregorius

I must have windows 8 on pc?( I want make game on x360)

4. Gregorius

Gregorius

and :can I make game alone? (if i havent got studio)

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

You can use Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Windows 8 64-bit, and Windows 8.1 64-bit.

The only route to develop indie games on XBox 360 was XNA. As Aurore stated, XNA is dead. So developing indie games for XBox 360 is likewise dead. Your only choice now is XBox One.

Yes, you can do it alone but if I remember correctly you need a legal company with one shipped product. Might be getting this last part confused with the PlayStation 4 though.

6. Gregorius

Gregorius

"You can use Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Windows 8 64-bit, and Windows 8.1 64-bit."

ok

"The only route to develop indie games on XBox 360 was XNA. As Aurore stated, XNA is dead. So developing indie games for XBox 360 is likewise dead. Your only choice now is XBox One."

But I have xna game studio, and I see that is more and more indie games.

"Yes, you can do it alone but if I remember correctly you need a legal company with one shipped product. Might be getting this last part confused with the PlayStation 4 though."

ok

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

Microsoft ceased all development on the platform. It will no longer receive updates and thus no new features, no new bug fixes, no support for newer releases of Visual Studio, etc. At best it is a dying platform for Windows development, which it should still function for so long as you understand it'll be worse than any of the alternatives such as Unity.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015