Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

can i convert regular 2D c# project to tiny ?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by bouemama, Feb 12, 2019.

1. bouemama

bouemama

is there any way to convert regular 2D c# project to tiny (.utproject) ?

2. abeisgreat

abeisgreat

Nothing short of manually rewriting it, sadly.

3. bouemama

bouemama

the worse is manually rewriting not available for c# (
    how unity miss a huge market like facebook , this is not acceptable ,this way unity lose its developers a big opportunity

4. siggigg

siggigg

I hope you are aware that UTiny will support C# soon?

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

FB don't gain significant amount of new young blood, hence interest in it is slowly diminishing. Nothing like was 10 years ago. So it is a bit late to the party.

Also, Project Tiny is still in activ dev. Hence is evolving.

logicandchaos and raymondyunity like this.
  6. bouemama

bouemama

i know that main concept of unity is writing "single code" project and export to the other platforms , what we see now is different we have to rewrite completely new code for facebook platform , im really surprised that i have to learn how to coding on unity "tiny" what i expected is "one click exporting" solution for facebook instant game so i can profit my old games not rewrite code and spend more learning time . the current plan now is waiting unity months to finish the "tiny" solution and more months re-writing my old games code . (not a productive solution ) . if any of unity team read this post keep working on tiny but plz plz make any converting method that we can use to export to html5 i try "Export2Canvas " extension but its not work and they didnt respond to my mails,we stuck here

pranjaldev likes this.
  7. Antypodish

Antypodish

Is nothing unusual in IT world, that things evolve, and initially may be not compatible. Many things may become more streamlined at some point, like Tiny become more C#-ish. But so far, tiny is taking far too different approach, than classic Unity way of making games. Hence, I doubt anytime soon (if ever) that there will be one click conversion solution.

Is highly complex task, converting somebody code, to highly optimized form like Tiny, or even ECS.

8. Dunk86

Dunk86

For a new and simple game that needs to work inside messenger/mobile browsers, it's a good platform.
    It's unfortunate that it's not more integrated as a standard project export, but I think it might become the case down the line when the standard way to build Unity games is ECS...

9. logicandchaos

logicandchaos

Ooooh you just want to make more money without having to do more work :p ya me too buddy!