Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Can I connect 2 different projects to the same UGS? For tings like economy, authentication, etc

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Corva-Nocta, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Corva-Nocta

Corva-Nocta

Hey all, just sort of wondering if I can make this work. I am working on a multiplayer game that is broken up into two completely separate Unity projects, one for the server side and one for the client side. I want to incorporate the UGS systems for inventory, authentication, cloud save, and the rest of them, but I wasn't sure if this could be done. If it can be done, is there any documentation on how it would be done? I can't find anything in the documentation that goes over how two projects would be linked this way.

2. erickb_unity

erickb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello

Just to clarify, are you trying to have a local unity project for your game and a different local unity project for your server which are both targeting the same Unity Cloud Project in the dashboard and would use UGS features like CloudSave in both?

Having multiple local unity projects targeting the same "cloud project" is possible.
    However, you can't target two different "cloud projects".

Right now, using UGS from a game server is not simple.
    You would need to make http requests to our services in order to do that.
    Our packages don't support it directly as of today.

We are looking to fill that gap soon!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  3. mafaan89

mafaan89

Yes, it is possible to connect two different projects to the same UGS (User Generated System) for things like economy, authentication, and more.

In fact, it is becoming increasingly common for businesses and organizations to integrate multiple systems into a single platform to streamline operations and improve overall efficiency.

However, it is important to note that the specific process of connecting the projects to the UGS may vary depending on the technologies and tools involved. It may require some technical expertise and careful planning to ensure that the integration is successful and secure.

Overall, with the right approach and expertise, connecting multiple projects to a single UGS can be a great way to improve the user experience and simplify management for both users and administrators.