Search Unity

Can I combine a freelook Camera and a framing transpose?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by A3DRock, May 4, 2022.

1. A3DRock

A3DRock

I was wondering if there was a way to combine the way the camera moves when the mouse moves of a freelook camera with the way the camera moves when a character moves of the framing transpose. I want the mouse to change the angle but I don't want the player moving to change the angle.

I'm trying to make a 3D game and I currently have it set up so that moving forward is in the direction the camera is facing and moving left/right is perpendicular to the direction the camera is looking. The problem is that when I just hold down the move left button without moving the camera the character moves in a circle around the camera instead of in a straight line with the camera following them. Is there another way to do this?

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Have you checked our samples scenes: 3rdPersonWithAimMode (Framing Transposer + POV) and AimingRig (ThirdPersonFollow)? You can strafe with those camera setups. Is that what you need? :)

Gregoryl likes this.
  3. A3DRock

A3DRock

Thank you for your response! The aiming rig sounds like what I want but unfortunately I can't find where the sample scenes are. The two places I checked were the options when I create a new scene in an existing project (though I believe those are templates rather than sample scenes) and then the scenes menu when I make a new project but neither place had what you mentioned.

Sorry! I haven't used Unity much.

4. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Window -> Package Manager -> Cinemachine -> Samples -> Import.
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 5.06.58 PM.png

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Also, changing your FreeLook binding mode to WorldSpace will stop it from moving in a circle.

upload_2022-5-4_17-28-24.png

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    gaborkb likes this.
  6. A3DRock

A3DRock

Thank you so much for your help!