Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI (Still not solved) Please understand me.. Who know ui slider???

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by meyto927, Sep 6, 2019.

1. meyto927

meyto927

I want to use slider like follow waypoint.. my handle image have to move right down or somewhr i chosed. Like road for cars.

For example in image i upload.. if value is 0 it will start begin. For max value road will done.. and it is easy with slider. But i can just flat line not like roads

Attached Files:

2. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

3. meyto927

meyto927

4. meyto927

meyto927

Please.....

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

You need show and explain, what have you tried.

6. meyto927

meyto927

Just i added original slider. No more.. i want to slide like splines. Like i did upload image. Can u imagine what i said? I think u know ui slider in unity. And it just move on line pr circle. Not like a road i did upload.. how can i do it?

7. Antypodish

Antypodish

Well that is not UI question, as I assume you know how to set UI values. You are more referring to scripting/game design.

What you want most likely, is to calculate progressposition on spline along its length. Then get % value of the progress. These are keywords, which you would like to search for.

8. meyto927

meyto927

I want to classic slider.. just only different think handle area shape. It will be not a line or circle it have to be Race road. Other things about ui slider is good for me.

9. meyto927

meyto927

Come on guyssss

10. Antypodish

Antypodish

Most of use are voluntarily helping other users here, spending our time. We have no obligation to respond.
    In meantime you should learn patience.
    Also, you should show some work of yours. No one will do work for you. But can help, if you show positive commitment.
    Basically it means, to show us what you tried, to achieve your goal and which part you find challenging.

But because what you are asking will require some math, I would suggest you do some evenly spaced invisible checkpoints of some sorts and measure vehicle distance between each pair of checkpoints. Then will be easier for you, to evaluate linearized position on the track.

11. meyto927

meyto927

Omgggg.. still sayingg same thing.. show ur work. No one ... r u kidding me.. its simple slider. Click create> UI > Slider.... what i will show u??? Im asking in this Slider there is a handle slider area.. can i change its shape????? Im asking this.. u stilll saying me showwww... please go loook the ui slider. Or dont answer my question again..

12. Antypodish

Antypodish

You can mask UI elements, or resize them, if you talk strictly about UI. So you try to say, you want to programmatically resize UI element?

Is like health bar, or any other similar progress bars. Check out forum. We had few topics about these. I am sure at least one will suit your needs.

Then all topic about road is completely irrelevant and adds unnecessary noise.

13. meyto927

meyto927

Please understand now. Please.. i need it. How can i searh it on google? Check i uploaded image. Its not have to be Z like on picture. It can be more complicate. M or other road in reallife
    Adsız.png Adsız.png

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019