Search Unity

Can I build to my iPad, when I’m using only unity and visual studio on my windows PC?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Deleted User, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Believe it or not, I’ve actually been researching this all day, and I’m surprised I haven’t found any info on how to do this, or an answer of if this is even possible what I’m trying to do.

I have an iPad Pro 2018 model, which doesn’t have the 3 camera thing in the back, it;s the model just prior to that.

but I want to create an app that can read my face, and make changes to the shape of my face.

‘I’m quite experienced with unity3d, and with shader development, so I don’t think this project will be that hard for me.

‘but I don’t have a Mac. I only have the iPad, and a windows PC.

making the app isn’t my problem right now... I’m just stuck in the part where I actually build the app and it magically is supposed to appear on my iPad.

seen multiple YouTube videos showing people building the app by clicking “build and run”, and next thing you see, is it is magically running on their iPad. None of the videos explain how it is getting from their computer to the iPad!

‘again, I only have a windows pc. But I have visual studio too.

I don’t really want to use “unity remote 5”, which is an app on the iOS store that hasn’t been updated in 4 years. Because I eventually plan to upgrade to the 2020 iPad, to get the better camera with the depth sensor. But unity remote is 4 years out dated, so I can’t imagine it’s been updated to work with unity remote. So for that reason, I’d rather just fully build it to my iPad, but I don’t know how.

any pointers appreciated!

2. Johannski

Johannski