Search Unity

Can I add plugins to the UCB server?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by ESG-Steven, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

After our build is done, I would like to SCP our assetbundles to a secure server for processing and uploading to an S3 bucket. I'm assuming that Cloud Build uses virtual machines that (as far as I've seen) are running OSX, which means they already have SCP. But it would be a lot easier for us if we could add other plugins to the VM, like sshpass. Is there any way we can do this? Would the VM allow us to install something like that if we had the package in out project? Or perhaps something like our projects could have plugin lists in the UCB console?

2. liortal

liortal

I don't think you can have direct access to the VM, but since your project is hosted there, you may be able to include certain tools as part of your Unity project and execute them after the build completes.

Also, in case you're specifically targeting S3, you can Amazon's S3 plugin for Unity to directly communicate with S3 to upload what you need.

3. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

While the plugin is a bit overkill for our needs, it is a good solution for now.

Do you know that it works outside of runtime? It's example and docs seem to specifically point to runtime use with the plugin and I was getting errors in editor mode using the RegionEndpoint.GetBySystemName

4. liortal

liortal

I think it happens in edit time as well... I only briefly played with it for a few minutes. It was very simple to setup and worked in the editor. I tried to use it to connect to S3 and automate publishing of builds, but never got around to completing it.

5. ESG-Steven

ESG-Steven

Alright! Thanks. I'll post with what I come up with once it's complete