Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Can go back, but cant do anything

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by wimtzw, Apr 30, 2020.

1. wimtzw

wimtzw

I'm working with other people on one unity project. Something went wrong with project revision (version) number 28, that was uploaded to the cloud. Now we want to revert to version 27, and continue on from there. However, we can't commit changes to the cloud/collaborate without updating to version 28. My question is the following: Is there a way, besides unlinking and creating a new collaborate project, to ignore the latest cloud build, and push / work together in a earlier version?
    unity_error_forum_post.png

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @wimtzw, it is possible to rollback to an earlier commit and continue working from there, overwriting later commits. However, before you can do that you'll need to update to the latest revision first. After you update to version 28, then you can use the Collab History window to Go Back to version 27. From there, you can make new changes and publish them, skipping over version 28 and making 29 the new latest revision. The contents of version 28 will be removed from your project after that.

3. wimtzw

wimtzw

Thanks for the fast reply. We have tried to go to version 28 and back to 27, only we got a bunch of synchronisation errors whilst trying to do so. (Unable to delete files, missing files). So we took a backup of version 27, and made that a new (collaborate) project. Its good to know what is required to do the rollback, but in our case we didn't want to spend more time figuring out a solution, when we knew a solution that worked.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. Threeli

Threeli

We are currently experiencing an error like this, and our team lead is unable to push over the previous commit: even after I have completely deleted unity, and my project files. There really should be a delete commit option.

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Threeli, could you please open a Support ticket with us so that we can better assist you?

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.