Search Unity

Can cinemachine be used for camera rotation > 3rd person char.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by junctionboss, May 25, 2019.

1. junctionboss

junctionboss

I had asked this on a different forum, and realized I should prob. ask it here ON CM thread ;-0

so as the other..*on further inspection its clear 'part 1' of CM Tutorial 'start' , is only for bodies in motion , to grab the view when target is in a given 'zone', that doesn't seem to work for basic 3rd person movement ( that doesn't move without until > ), as they are choosing a characters upper body control item, where a non path oriented char. as mine, doesn't use, right ?

So, does anyone know what 'part' is for typical 3rd person character cameras/rigs ? It was recommended to me that I try CM for what I'm trying to do, get a 3rd person characters 'camera' 's mouse movement to swing UP/down as needed for typical games, but trying CM part1, it was clearly not designed for that right ?

2. junctionboss

junctionboss

Alright well this is a bit moot, but it would still be nice to know the answer--I got char movement /cam rotation working with free version of basic locomotion :)

LIttle fiddling and its where I was hoping to be..a start a SOLID start.
    Minor nit overall, but terrain flickers if I move with cursor keys or mouse-= I can contact OP, bujt if anyone knows what would cause that would be awesome.

thx

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  3. junctionboss

junctionboss

OK flickering fixed,somehow I'd managed to alter Clipping Planes , who knew..

:)