Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone comment on the PACKt Publishing Books?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by A4L, Dec 17, 2018.

1. A4L

A4L

Hi... Even though I bought access to the pluralsite video tutorials, I just seem to work much better from text books. I learned this by doing a C# Intro book called "The C# Players Guide"... so I have been looking for some books for unity but they are super expensive. As in over 100 bucks each. Yes I'm old.. I like to have a physical book not a ebook.

So I was wondering if anyone has read or knows anything about these books and if they are any good?

So, yeah... anyone have any comments on these, or recommendations for something like these. I'm looking for books that have exercises or are a single large project from start to finish. Preferably a book with exercises.

Thanks!

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

I haven't read any of their more recent books but I do have a few of their older ones and they weren't that impressive. I was far more impressed by the C# Yellow Book which is normally available in an eBook form but does have a paperback form if that's how you want to consume it for £9 ($12 USD).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Programming-Yellow-Book-program-principles/dp/1728724961

3. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I like Packt's Building Levels in Unity. It's geared towards the art side, so doesn't have much about scripting. I have 2 other Packt books, but Building Levels is the only one that I can recommend.