Search Unity

Can a funnel visit the same step multiple times?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by codeJinn, Sep 22, 2015.

1. codeJinn

codeJinn

I'm setting up a level progression funnel, and was wondering if it's possible to have the same level in there multiple times.

In my case, I've got a hub in the game, to which players return after completing a level. The hub changes depending on what the players completed, so it's quite interesting to see whether they've visited it or not, or whether they stop playing after visiting the hub.

I want to set it up like this:

Level 1 visited
    Hub visited
    Level 2 visited
    Hub visited

etc.

Is that possible? How would you recommond I set up my changing hub?

Thanks for your help!

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @codeJinn,

Is it possible for players to skip visiting a Hub entirely? Like,

Level 1 visited
    Hub visited
    Level 2 visited
    Level 3 visited

Can players go back and revisit older levels? Like,

Level 1 visited
    Hub visited
    Level 1 visited

If 'Hub visited' is the level you are talking about that occurs multiple times in the funnel then you could send a custom event 'Hub visited' with a numerical parameter that denotes what level the player just completed.

3. codeJinn

codeJinn

Hi @mpinol, thanks for your answer.

No, that's not possible. If a player follows the story (which is what I want to check using the funnel), she will have to complete level 1, and then return to the hub (where a cut-scene responds to her playing the first level). After that she can continue to level 2, after which there will be another cut-scene in the hub, reacting to her way of playing level 2. And so on.

Yes, players can in theory go back to already completed levels, but it's not relevant for story progression, so I don't want to include it in the story progression funnel.

I guess it would make sense to send individual events whenever the player reached a new story "check"point. I was just wondering if it's possible to not use these additional events, and instead use the unity.sceneLoad event - even in the case of the hub.
    It's probably a bit too custom, having some level revisits ignored by the funnel and the hub revisits counted.

4. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @codeJinn,

You should be able to use the sceneLoad event just as long as you pass a parameter that is meaningful to you and the funnel of where they are in the story. Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 11.00.09 AM.png

codeJinn likes this.