Search Unity

Bug Cameras with "Allow Dynamic Resolution" renderes random stuff.

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by JesperBHansen, May 8, 2023.

1. JesperBHansen

JesperBHansen

With Unity 2022.2.17f1 and URP 14.0.7 I can't get Dynamic Resolution to render correctly on either windows (DX12) nor Android (Vulcan).
    Depending on platform and settings I end up with a black screen, some g-buffer or the z buffer rendered to the Game view.

I create a small repo case that show the same issue:
    * Create new 2022.2.17f1 project based on 3D (URP)
    * Open Project settings, Player, Windows Mac Linux Settings, Other Settings, disable Auto Graphics API for Windows, Add DX12, Remove DX11, Restart editor.
    * Select Main Camera in Hierarchy, In Output enable Allow Dynamic Resolution.
    * Observe that Game view turns black.
    * Log is now full of asserts and null crashes:
    * `UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)`
    * `Value cannot be null.`
    * `Parameter name: value`
    * `UnityEngine.MaterialPropertyBlock.SetTexture (System.Int32 nameID, UnityEngine.Texture value)`
    * Not sure if the assets are due to a broken template project?, but to supress/fix the errors: disable Post-processing in all "URP-\*-Render" assets.
    * Place a unit sphere in 0,0,0 and observe that some G-buffer seems to be rendered when "Allow Dynamic Resolution" is enabled.

Attached Files:

andreiagmu and lilacsky824 like this.
  2. JohnHacker

JohnHacker

Dynamic Resolution on URP seems to be broken months ago and there's no info from Unity. It would be great if they addressed the issue or post a hotfix.

andreiagmu likes this.
  3. andreiagmu

andreiagmu

I have this same issue with "Allow Dynamic Resolution" enabled on 2022.3.1f1, with Graphics APIs Direct3D12 (Windows) and Vulkan (Android).
    This issue doesn't happen on 2021.3.26f1.

Just now, I sent a bug report to Unity about this issue. :)

4. andreiagmu

andreiagmu

5. WhisperPine

WhisperPine

andreiagmu likes this.
  6. andreiagmu

andreiagmu

The URP Dynamic Resolution issue is fixed in 2022.3.9f1! :D

7. greg-harding

greg-harding

Still seems broken in legacy built-in renderer in 2022.3.19. How can this be so broken all the time? I've submitted bugs+repros for a while about this stuff and it never seems to get fixed properly.

Update: Fully repro'd - Bug reported with repro project Case IN-67815. Unity 2022.3.19 does not render a camera in editor or built player on macOS/iOS using legacy built-in render pipeline when dynamic resolution is scaled < 1.0 and MSAA is enabled.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024