Search Unity

Camera's not imported into Reflect

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by dandeery, Sep 3, 2020.

1. dandeery

dandeery

When you set up a camera view in Revit and export to Unity Reflect. The camera doesn't get exported. Reflect appears to open up at a random position.

If you place a camera in Pro build your Reflect scene. Reflect doesn't open up on the camera placed in Pro. I want my users to be at the front door of the building when they open the project in Reflect.

2. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

Heya Dan, is this when you open a project from the viewer? Or is it an imported model?

3. dandeery

dandeery

Hi Quintas. Thanks again for your response. It's both. When I open the viewer or import a model

4. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

hmm, the viewer will use it's own camera but for an imported model you should be able to use the main camera in the scene

The Revit camera view is not imported as far as I know

DavidMenard likes this.
  5. dandeery

dandeery

Thanks for your response. I need to stick that on the wish list. That is something clients will want

DavidMenard likes this.
  6. FredMoreau

FredMoreau

Unity Technologies

When you import the model in the Editor, the "View" from Revit is stored as a GameObject with proper position and rotation and metadata for FOV.

7. DCSWizard

DCSWizard

This appears to be the same for an export from Navisworks. After the export the Reflect view is far away from the model, nothing like the view in Navisworks. Just trying to do a quick export and view in Reflect.

8. dandeery

dandeery

Thanks Fred. How do we set this camera to be the startup camera for Reflect

9. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

@FredMoreau you forget us mere mortals don't all know the dark art of C# scripting like you :)

@dandeery my guess would be you need to grab all that info that is saved on the GameObject and apply it to your camera via a script after import. That should set the camera up and move it into position when you run the scene.

FredMoreau and DavidMenard like this.
  10. FredMoreau

FredMoreau

Unity Technologies

You can start from the Reflect extensions package, which includes a similar example.
    If you want to use this in the Editor, all you need is to add a Camera component to that object, and match FOV, or align the Camera to it.