Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera Zoomed in on Release Build

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by UniversalCreative, May 22, 2019.

1. UniversalCreative

UniversalCreative

I have a regular camera showing regular things. When I tap on a sprite, a new entity group is created. It has a canvas with an image. Everything works fine in develop mode.

When I switch to release mode, things don't go so well. Everything starts off fine. But when I tap on the sprite, the camera(s) becomes extremely zoomed in. Both the newly created canvas and the old sprite are zoomed in a lot.

I have read everything I can find on release build bugs, and the only thing I saw was to "Check symbols in the release build". (https://forum.unity.com/threads/error-on-release-build.596272/). This did not help.

Any ideas? The only alternative I can think of is to just use 2D sprites instead of a canvas, meaning I would not be able to change text during runtime - I could only have images prebaked with text.

Free cookie to whoever can help me.

2. Rupture13

Rupture13

Don't know much about the zooming ?bug? you're experiencing. My first guess would be to look at all the camera settings and build settings for relating to the camera (such as "Auto-Resize Canvas" which you would likely want to be true). You could perhaps cross-reference your settings with mine in this thread about camera responsive projects too.

Another thing to note though, is that text can exist in world space and doesn't need to be a Canvas/UI entity. (Underwater the textRenderer is a normal spriteRenderer too, I found).