Search Unity

Question Camera to cover entire screen?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by scryedzxp, May 1, 2023.

1. scryedzxp

scryedzxp

I created a new Android 2D mobile project set to the following resolution:

In my scene, I have three 2D sprites and a camera as shown below:

upload_2023-5-1_16-42-28.png

As you can see, the sprites are not being rendered because they're outside of the camera. I would like the camera to scale and fit to any screen resolution so all of the sprites will be rendered.

I was told there might be a way to do this with cinemachine, so that's why I'm reposting my question here.

I know I can manually adjust the Position and Size fields of the camera so it covers the entire screen (Transform.Scale doesn't seem to do anything):

but how can I do this through cinemachine or a script so that it accounts for all resolutions/aspect ratios?

I tried using the following solution (2d - Scale camera to fit screen size unity - Game Development Stack Exchange) but that didn't work for me.

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Another option might be to put invisible objects in each of the top-left and bottom-right corners of the screen. Then create a CinemachineTargetGroup, add those objects to the group, with weight1:

upload_2023-5-3_11-59-17.png

Then, use that group as a follow target for your CM camera with a FramingTransposer in the Body section. Set the Group Framing Size to 1. The camera will automatically try to include both those objects on screen.