Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera teleporting

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by jsmusilek, Mar 12, 2019.

1. jsmusilek

jsmusilek

Hi guys,
    it's my first time working in unity cinemachine. I'm working on short animation for one talent test, where they provided assets and its not that much about getting the animation smooth rather than camera positioning. So i grew more and more frustrated with one issue I came across, that being cameras changing positions on their own. I follow instructions that you put up in your official tutorial videos on Unity youtube channel. Created main camera, right-clicked it on the timeline, pressed create cinemachine shot, in that one pressed create to get virtual camera, that I then moved around, while having it marked in hierarchy tab. Got the perfect position, but when I moved on to do other things, the camera instantly teleports to different position, without me touching it or giving it any order. Doesn't matter if I move an audio file, another camera, character.. anything makes the camera teleport instantly. It doesn't happen always, while process is the same, which really boggles my mind.
    Any experience with the issue?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Cinemachine virtual cameras have optional procedural positionaling and aiming algorithms. If you enable those, you are telling the camera to reposition itself according to its LookAt and Follow targets. If you want to position the cameras manually, then you have to ensure that the procedural algorithms are set to "Do Nothing".

upload_2019-3-13_11-31-39.png