Search Unity

Camera.targetTexture has unintended behaviour with HDR?

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by KAJed, Jul 25, 2019.

1. KAJed

KAJed

I am attempting to composite a PixelPerfect camera properly with other cameras. In the process I am using Camera.targetTexture. I set it to a low res texture in OnPreCull and back to null in OnPostRender.

There are two issues that arise:

1- It never actually renders to the texture I gave it. Instead it chooses to create it's own copy in a temp buffer and write to that instead. Which I could live with if...

2- After the camera has completed drawing I blit the results in OnRenderImage with an alpha blended material so that I can composite it. However, this happens to occur on a texture that is of format Default (ie: ARGB32). I have attempted to move this blit into a command buffer but the result is always the same: blitting to a non HDR texture.

If anyone has any insight, especially the Unity folk who wrote the PixelPerfectCamera originally it would be helpful.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Don't use OnRenderImage with OnPreRender and OnPostRender.

3. KAJed

KAJed

Note: I have attempted to move this blit into a command buffer but the result is always the same: blitting to a non HDR texture.

I am aware that is not the correct way to do things. But it doesn't change the issue.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I am not talking about a command bugger.

I am talking about setting the targettexture in onPreRender, then doing your blitting in onPostRender.