Search Unity

Camera starts at floor level 2019.2 + MRTK v2.0.0

Discussion in 'VR' started by ben0ki, Oct 23, 2019.

1. ben0ki

ben0ki

For some reason everytime I load the scene on my Hololens 1 the camera starts at floor level and the scene content doesn't appear to anchor to the floor in the real world..

Using the MRTK demo project files I've created a scene and added in the MRTK packages, configured spatial perception in the player settings, turned on the spatial awareness settings, set to room scale, added observers (checked they're working), added the spatial collider and renderer to an empty game object, and scratched my head many times..

Anyone know what I'm missing/doing wrong?

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Without seeing your project, best guess is that you have an issue with the difference between device tracking space and world tracking and how it affects your camera. HoloLens devices are device tracked, which means that the camera is going to be located at the head location. If you have forced your camera to be at floor level as it's origin it's possible that it is retaining that location in device space.

You might want to strip things down to a simple scene with a floor quad and the camera and see if you can wrangle the camera to correctly track either condition.

If you are using the MRTK provided camera rig and seeing this, then you may want to ask on the MRTK forums https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity.

3. ben0ki

ben0ki

Thanks jeojo

I'm using the MRTK rig which reverts itself to 0,0,0 when loading the scene in editor or game - did try raising it up as a temporary work around.

Will try a fresh project/simple scene and see how that goes, and post to MRTK as well.

Starting to look at Azure spatial anchors now, maybe a bigger hammer can get the job done o_O