Search Unity

Camera shake in target group

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Romano, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Romano

Romano

Hey! I'm using a virtual camera to follow a target group of two characters, one of whom has to do a very jerky movement animation every few seconds. This causes the camera to shake when the animation happens. It seems no matter what settings I change I can't stop this. Increasing the virtual camera's dead zone to maximum doesn't fix it. The virtual camera isn't parented to anything. Annotation 2019-06-06 103621.jpg Annotation 2019-06-06 103712.jpg

Has anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Romano

Romano

I've fixed this by setting the LookAt property to null. The camera is now paying attention to Lookahead Ignore Y again.

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

By setting the LookAt to null, you have effectively disabled the group composer. This would be the same thing as setting the Aim to "Do Nothing".

4. halley

halley

Can you create an empty which is always at your jerky character before the jerk motion, and look at that empty instead of the jerk?

5. Romano

Romano

Gregoryl, I have also set the LookAt to null. The default Target Group automatically adds the target group to Follow and Look At. It took me a while to figure out that the target group camera would still work with the aim doing nothing.

Halley, your workaround would also have worked for me, thanks.