Search Unity

Camera only renders to textures once modified during Play (from Inspector)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by OliverAnthony, Mar 16, 2015.

1. OliverAnthony

OliverAnthony

I have a camera that will only render once one of its properties has been modified using the Inspector during Play mode.
    • It does not matter which property I modify.

• It starts working immediately upon modification of any of the properties.

• Modifying one or more of its properties via script will not cause it to start working, it has to be done manually through the inspector.

• This modification must be done during Play mode.
    It's a really odd quirk, the Camera component is disabled since I don't need it rendering itself, I call Render() manually every frame according to a batch of meshes that I need to render to a corresponding batch of render textures. The whole setup works flawlessly, with the one exception being that it won't do anything until I go and edit one of the Camera's properties after hitting Play. I can't think of any reason for this. I've posted here and on UnityAnswers, since I feel like this falls a bit outside of the realm of a simple "Hey guys help me do XYZ."

Thoughts?

2. nsfnotthrowingaway

nsfnotthrowingaway

Probably too late for the original poster, but I was having this same issue just now. This script 'fixes' the issue:

void Start()
    {
    gameObject.SetActive(false);
    gameObject.SetActive(true);​
    }

Though the real issue turned out to be that the depth of the camera was set to the same value as another camera.