Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera movement in the edior became very unresponsive

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by Passeridae, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Passeridae

Passeridae

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I've noticed the difference in camera control when I updated to the latest 2021.2 beta 4 from 2020 stable. It became sometimes very hard to zoom or move the camera in the editor window when an object is selected. It seems like it happens mostly with big objects (like floors or walls in an interior scene). The symptoms are:

1) The distance that the camera travels towards the selected object rapidly decreases the more you try to zoom in. I can scroll one or two times to get relatively close to the selected object, but I need to scroll kilometres to actually get very close to it and I never will.

2) The pan movement named "view tool" in Unity yields less and less movement the closer you get to the selected object.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, it's just a general feeling of navigation unresponsiveness. I've been working on the same project for two years now, starting from Unity 2018 and HDRP 5/6, if I remember correctly, but this is the first time, when after updating I asked myself "whoa, why can't I move around my scene like I used to? What's going on here?"

So, if someone else has similar issues, please share your experience.

Thanks!

Ruchir likes this.
  2. MustafaSohail

MustafaSohail

Hey, did you find a solution to this? I'm currently using the newest version of Unity and it happened when I uploaded an object, so I deleted the file and made a new one but after adding another object in the new file it happened again. panning and zooming in and out it very very very slow.