Search Unity

Resolved Camera jittering/shaking on Oculus Quest 2

Discussion in 'VR' started by Alixar, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Alixar

Alixar

I was playing with OpenXR only to find out that, while it works well using Link, the Android build never starts. So I changed back to regular Oculus:

upload_2021-2-21_19-38-52.png

upload_2021-2-21_19-39-9.png

The build works but the camera (on an XR Rig) now shakes/jitters almost imperceptibly but enough to give you nausea in less than a minute, the same does not happen while testing the build via Link. Does anyone know what might be causing the jitter?

Thanks

2. NemesisWarlock

NemesisWarlock

Building to Quest is not supported in OpenXR at the current time. (Annoying, I know, but it should *hopefully* be fixed by the 202 LTS rolls around)

As for your camera issues on the XR rig, are you using a device or action based rig?

Check your main camera's Tracked Pose Driver. what's it's update mode set to?

3. Alixar

Alixar

I removed OpenXR and now it's working fine, I also fixed the shake, in my case it was due to a framerate drop caused by a group of moving objects. I don't know why they affected performances so much and now I'm looking into that, the shaking thankfully is gone after removing that part.

Thank you Muskie for pointing that Quest is not supported on OpenXR!